The Overprepared GM blog was started at the suggestion (cajoling, extortion, whatever) of my best friend L. Since they say the first step is to admit you have a problem, I have to say that I am a completely overprepared GM. I produce reams of material on a regular basis, have never met a system, setting, or module, or other piece of content or mechanics I didn’t want to evaluate, tweak, and categorize. It’s a sickness, and I do not, at this late date, anticipate changing.
The intention is to post entries twice a week about…
- Ways to adapt material from one medium or setting to another, and specific examples on how I’ve done this
- Adventure modules and other pieces of content that I think are cool
- How-tos on creating various GM tools
- Mathematical analysis of various aspects of the system I create, or maybe of ones I’ve tried and reverse engineered
- Reviews of books and movies with an eye towards how to steal ideas for world and adventure crafting
- Advice on GMing from a variety of GMs
As far as me personally, I’m a 46 year old mother of three who first started playing tabletop RPGs sometime last century. My husband and I have been together over 20 years, and even though he contributed quite a bit to various ideas that I’ll talk about in the blog, he says he’s uninterested in talking to internet strangers. Stranger danger. He does, however, reserve the right to change his mind if I become internet famous. I reserve the right to expire in shock if that happens.